Last updated on 2019-09-30 by Xiang-Jun Lu <email@example.com>. The block schematics were created with DSSR and rendered using PyMOL.
Summary information and primary citation [schematics · contacts · top · homepage · tutorial]
- DNA binding protein-DNA
- X-ray (1.65 Å)
- Mecp2 mbd in complex with DNA
List of 1 5mC-amino acid contact:
D.5CM6: other-contacts is-WC-paired is-in-duplex [+]:AcA/TGT
- Lei, M., Tempel, W., Arrowsmith, C.H., Bountra, C., Edwards, A.M., Min, J.: "MeCP2 MBD in complex with DNA." To Be Published
- The 5-methylcytosine group (PDB ligand '5CM') is shown in space-filling model, with the methyl-carbon atom in black.
- Watson-Crick base pairs are represented as long rectangular blocks with the minor-groove edge in black. Color code: A-T red, C-G yellow, G-C green, T-A blue.
- Protein is shown as cartoon in purple. DNA backbones are shown ribbon, colored code by chain identifier.
- The block schematics were created with 3DNA-DSSR, and images were rendered using PyMOL.
- Download the PyMOL session file corresponding to the top-left image in the following panel.
List of 1 5mC-amino acid contact [summary · schematics · top · homepage · tutorial]
- The contacts include paired nucleotides (mostly a G in G-C pairing), and amino-acids within a 4.5-A distance cutoff to the base atoms of 5mC.
- The structure is oriented in the 'standard' base reference frame of 5mC, allowing for easy comparison and direct superimposition between entries.
- The black sphere (•) denotes the 5-methyl carbon atom in 5mC.
No. 1 D.5CM6: download PDB file
for the 5mC entry
other-contacts is-WC-paired is-in-duplex [+]:AcA/TGT